Dr. Xavier Barceló Colomer
Graduate of the Univesitat Autònoma de Barcelona
- Specialist in Rhinoplasty and Septorhinoplasty
DIPLOMA DR.GOMEZ AWARD FOR HEALTH EXCELLENCE 2019
Specialist in functional and aesthetic nasal surgery, with more than 30 years of experience
SIMPLEST AND MOST EFFECTIVE RHINOPLASTY SURGERY
I studied medicine at the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona and later specialized in Otorhinolaryngology at the Hospital Clínic de Barcelona (1986-1989).
Within the specialty, my areas of interest are the study and treatment of functional and aesthetic nasal pathology as well as the study and treatment of sleep apnea.
Thanks to modern nasal endoscopy, the diagnosis of nasal pathology is much more precise, allowing the patient to visualize, simultaneously with the doctor, on a monitor in the office, the cause of their nasal respiratory failure, headache, rhinorrhea, etc… which may be a deviation of the nasal septum, turbinate hypertrophy, nasal polyposis, chronic sinusitis, etc.
The simultaneous display of the nasal image on the monitor facilitates understanding of the patient’s pathology and also makes it easier to explain the patient’s symptoms and the most appropriate treatment.
If necessary, we will request a radiological study by means of a nasosinusal CT scan to complement the study.
Advances in nasal endoscopic surgery have enabled much more precise nasal surgery, without external incisions, with better postoperative results, better surgical results and a rapid return to work.
Thanks to my many years of experience in nasal surgery I was able to see the limitations of both closed and open techniques in septorhinoplasty. Therefore, I designed my own technique which I presented at the Congress of The American Academy of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (Boston 2010).
This technique combines the best of the open technique, which is the anatomical exposure of the entire nasal pyramid, but avoiding the incision at the level of the nasal columella. Therefore, as with closed rhinoplasty, there are no external incisions.
With this technique, the results are much more predictable, especially those referred to the nasal tip and a very natural look is achieved because we can immediately see the aesthetic results of the surgical maneuvers we perform
- Member of Col.legi de Metges de Barcelona 23304
- Medical Societies
- -Societat Catalana de ORL
- -European Rhinological Society
- -American Sleep Academy
- Degree in Medicine and Surgery – Organisation and date of issue: Ministeri d’Educació i Ciència el 27 de novembre de 1985
- Academic Degrees
- Class : Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery
- Organisation and dispatch centre: Ministeri d’Educació i Ciència
- Organization and date of issue: Ministeri d’Educació i Ciència-27 de noviembre de 1985
- Class: Specialist in Otorhinolaryngology via MIR, performing the specialty at the ENT service of L’Hospital Clínic i Provincial. From 1986 to 1989.Organization and date of issue:15 June 1990.